05 March 2015

Window-spiration

Colour. Texture. Cool found objects. 

Another way I tackle the inspiration blahs is by strolling and looking at window displays. A beautifully presented window is something to be paused over and savoured. My sister was a visual merchandiser so I guess I appreciate even more the skill and creativity required. After dark, when the store is closed and only the window lights are bright, is the best time to do this.  Sometimes I walk the Mink Mile (that Bloor block between Yonge and Bay with all the high-end shops) but I am also very lucky that my own neighbourhood has some lovely boutiques with charming windows.

The cool thing is, you don't necessarily want to buy what you see. When I look at the above display, I get the urge to clean out my closet, to put together new outfits, to sort my stash. I am reminded that I want to knit a loose fitting pullover sweater. I get the urge to make paper crafts.
More texture here. The painted blue chair and rose tin I especially love.
And bath salts! I own bath salts. What a simple luxury.
These two outfits would not look good on me but that doesn't mean I don't love them. I have many pendants & should wear them more often to dress up blouses. The print on that skirt is delightful.
Those wool scarves are gorgeous.
Don't I have something similar. I wonder where it is? 
Shoes! What's not to love? And cute socks. Sometimes, when new clothes are financially out of reach, a little accessory like fun socks or tights can be a real pick-me-up. 

No comments: